2.13.2013

January 2013 GLOSSYBOX (Feat. ManRepeller)

Subscription boxes seems to be the new fad these days. There's practically one for everything you can possibly think of. My dear blogger friend, Steph, can attest to that, because she blogs about them all the time. It's rather mind blowing just how many are out there. If you want to learn more about all the possible boxes, drop her blog a visit, and you will see what I am talking about.

For me, I have always been a little hesitant about them because it is a monthly commitment to make. I've researched many such as Birchbox and ipsy, but the only one I've found that has really appealed to me the most is GLOSSYBOX. They were avaliable to many other countries before America, and from what I saw, they seemed to have great samples from high end brands. I was excited when they finally launched here in early 2012. The only thing that was stopping me then was the price tag. It is $21/month, which is twice as much as the typical $10 subscriptions. So I just sort of waited...

Finally in November, during what I believe was Black Friday weekend, GLOSSYBOX had a promotion where their first box would be $12 instead. I decided to jump at the opportunity and sign up. My first box came in December, so this the second box into my subscription. This box was a special collaboration with Leandra of the popular fashion blog: The Man Repeller.

At GLOSSYBOX, they don't skimp out on the packaging. The boxes are sturdy, and you can reuse them for storage and organization. Each box seems to always come with a card listing information for each of the products you receive. Occasionally, some products you see on your card may or may not be in your box. I had this happen in my first box. This is because not all boxes receive the same products. From what I've seen in other people's boxes, there are sometimes slight variations where one or two of the things will be different. If you do some research around the time everyone gets their boxes, you can see all the possibilities.


This time around I got 7 samples total. Two are full-size, three of which I consider deluxe samples, and two normal sized samples. I haven't tried every yet so I can't speak for everything yet, but I will provide some comments nevertheless.
  1. Estée Lauder Sumptuous Extreme Lash Multiplying Volume Mascara (0.1oz/2.8ml) - I have never tried their mascaras before so it will be interesting to see how this works for my sad sad lashes.
  2. Fresh Umbrian Clay Mattifying Serum (0.17oz/5ml) - I have the Umbrian Clay bar from Fresh, and I love that thing so I am very interested to see how good this is.
  3. Le Métier De Beauté Replenishing Daily Solution (0.10oz/3ml) - I've heard much about their makeup, but I haven't heard too much about their skincare. Hopefully, it's just as good.
  4. Living Proof Prime Style Extender (1 fl oz/30ml) - This is a great travel size, and I will test this out against all the other pre-styling products that I am using.
  5. Narcisco Rodriguez for her Eau de Toilette (0.03 fl oz/1ml) - The smell...is not my cup of tea, unfortunately. I think I am more of a sweet smell kind of girl.
  6. OPI Liquid Sandy Nail Lacquer in "Can't Let Go" (0.5 fl oz/15ml) - The color is gorgeous. There's so much glitter! The texture is interesting, and you're not suppose to use a top coat so it leaves a look of sand. I'm excited to see how this performs.
  7. Vincent Longo Lipstain SPF 15 Lipstick in "Belle Etoile" (0.12oz/4g) - The texture is very smooth and it feels just like a balm. The color looks very intimidating in the tube but on my lips it looks more like a deep berry color.
The color is not so intimidating after all is it?! Perfect for those days where you want to give your lips a little oomph! I really enjoy the way this feels on my lips.

And, I can't forget to swatch that gorgeous polish for you all. I think it would look great with or without a top coat. It's like a bottle of glitter exploded on your nails!

Overall, I am pretty satisfied with this month's box. I think I will really get some good use out of most of the products.

Does anyone else have a GLOSSYBOX subscription? Let me know what you guys think of this box.


    14 comments:

    1. The Vincent Longo lipstick looks perfect for winter!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. You totally read my mind. I thought the same thing!

        Delete
    2. ohh the glossybox is so nice!!! and the stuff inside is amazing i love that vincent longo color on you! SO PRETTY!!!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. thanks! :D I've been loving dark berry colors these days.

        Delete
    3. That OPI nail polish is amazing I think I need to add this to my collection, just got the warm and fozzie the other day and love that one.

      ReplyDelete
    4. It so nice!!!

      http://stylearua.blogspot.com.es/

      ReplyDelete
    5. wow, this glossybox set looks amazing! love the packaging too, thanks for sharing :) i really enjoy your blog! if you like mine too, do you want to follow each other? xo jess
      www.stylizedluxe.blogspot.com

      ReplyDelete
    6. I love the nail polish and the lipstick,
      you have a great blog,
      maybe we can fallow each other ? Let me know !
      xoxo

      www.descontraidas.com

      ReplyDelete
    7. ooh this looks like a realllly good glossybox actually! loving the nail polish especially :)

      Metallic Paws

      ReplyDelete
    8. nice blog! maybe we can follow each other if you want ? :))

      http://choccopost.blogspot.com/

      ReplyDelete
    9. Oooh I like the OPI shade! Nice stuff in your glossybox :)
      Happy easter, darling!

      ReplyDelete
    10. there really are SO many sub boxes out!
      i've been disappointed by em in the past, so haven't tried Glossy yet
      but i really want that liquid sand polish :)

      ReplyDelete
    11. Oh gosh, that lip color is seriously gorgeous! It looks gorgeous on you. I’d love for us to keep in touch via bloglovin’, GFC, or Instagram! Let me know on my blog, I’ll be sure to follow back!

      s a r t o r i a l d i n e r
      Instagram @ sartorialdiner

      ReplyDelete