2.06.2013

The Adored & Loved of 2012

Every year I write an extensive post talking about my favorite products of the past year, and it's usually posted on New Year's day. However, this year I was in China, and I did not have access to blogger since it was blocked. Now it's a month into 2013. I was about to skip it all together, but it's one of my favorite posts to write, so here it is anyways. Better late than never, right?

Let's start off with products that aren't recurring from my last yearly favorites.

  • Revlon Colorstay Whipped Creme Foundation - My favorite drugstore foundation to date. It's easy to apply (I use my fingers), has great coverage, and is fairly affordable. During my two week trip in China last month, this was my go-to foundation simply because it cut down my time to get ready in half. As much as I love brushes, using my fingers is still the quickest way, and because this covers most of my imperfections, I didn't have to spend so much time putting on concealer. It also lasts a good amount of time on my oily complexion.
  • Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain - I have 5 of these in my collection. Does that speak enough about how much I love these? These are super long lasting, and I enjoy many of the colors that they have. I am one of those people who really never reapply my makeup during the day because I am too lazy for that. This is no different when it comes to lip products either. I just never remember. Therefore, I am all for lip products that last long and feel good on the lips. These are it! They stain my lips so I don't have to worry about reapplying, and they don't make my lips dry and flaky like many other long lasting lip products.
  • Makeup Forever Full Cover Concealer - The name says it all. This is a full coverage concealer, and does a great job at concealing those unwanted blemish spots. When I was in China, I had massive break outs that left a lot of scarring. This was the concealer I used to cover up those scars. I squirt out a little my fingers and dab it on all the spots. I find this method provides the best coverage, because it doesn't blend out the product as much.
  • Lise Watier Base Miracle Pore Minimizing Primer - When I'm having a girl's night out, I need my makeup lasting all night long through all the dancing and good times. This has been the primer of choice for those nights as it really makes my makeup stay on. It also does a great job of smoothing out my skin in preparation for my foundation.
  • OPI Nail Lacquer (Got the Blues for Red) - The ox blood shade has been all the rage this past fall/winter season, and I definitely fell for the color hard. I practically owned every piece of clothing possible in the oxblood shade, and it was one of my favorite colors to wear on the nails. 9 out of 10 times I did my nails in the past 3 months, it was this color. I just love how it looks.
  • Maybelline ExpertWear Eyeshadow Quads (02Q Stylish Smokes) - This quad is travel friendly. I find the colors easy to work with, and it has pretty much all the shades I would want for my daily makeup look. I particularly enjoy the matte brown shade, as I have found it to be the perfect outer corner color. Even when I use my Naked palette, I still use the matte brown from this quad There have been a few times that I traveled in the past year, where all I brought with me for eyeshadow was this palette. It's affordable, and an overall great product to have in any collection.
  • Urban Decay 24/7 Shadow Pencil (Sin) - I use this to highlight the inner corners of my eyes. It really brightens them up without being too much. I find highlighters on the white side tend to be too bright, and it just makes my eyes look a little weird. This is the perfect shade because it's a champagne color that blends nicely into the skin. 
  • Kiss Me Heroine Long & Curl Mascara - Best mascara for short straight Asian lashes! Gives great length, and makes my sad lashes actually visible. It's one of the best sellers in Asia, and I can definitely speak for that.

And finally, the two favorites that are still going strong (I didn't include all of them because that may be making this post just too long)...

  • Urban Decay Naked Palette - This will always have a place in my heart. Enough said. It's a great value. I would recommend this palette to anyone.
  • NYC Smooth Skin Bronzing Face Powder (#720 Sunny) - This bronzer is a cult favorite. It's cheap and it works for many people. The shade is matte and easy to work with. You don't really need to worry about putting too much on because the finish is very natural.

Do you share any favorites items with me? Let me know your favorite beauty items because I am always up for trying new products!


13 comments:

  1. I've tried the Revlon balm stain and its quite good too! Oooh, I should try the NYC bronzer because my Wet n' Wild one is starting to run out~ I like these kinds of posts. Thanks~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very helpful beauty post!! I'm so glad to see you back. :) Love the new header!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! I'm excited to be back in the blogging game. I've started looking into subscription boxes too like you said haha. They are quite fun :D

      Delete
  3. yes the naked palette is a must!

    Jessica
    http://www.jumpintopuddles.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Naked palette is an absolute go-to :) Love your choices!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have the naked pallet and I absolutely love it. I wana try the Revlon color stay foundation too

    btw, I have a giveaway on my blog. You can win a black leather bag similar to the Hermes Birkin one. If you are interested take a look over here :
    http://livinginash0e.blogspot.ro/2013/01/new-leather-bag-giveaway-international.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. great post! love your picks! i've always wanted to try the whipped foundation but i'm scared!! i think i'll check it out since you like it so much :)!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should! It's a great foundation for lazy days haha when you don't want take out that brush and all that jazz!

      Delete
  7. Hi Lisa!

    I found you on lisalovescoco hahaha another Lisa for me to follow! And I totally agree with you on the urban decay naked palette its still my first love =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello!! Aww thank you for following. :) I'm glad to have your company. The naked palette is so worth it.

      Delete
  8. well I'm glad you ended up getting the post up :) have to check out that Heroine mascara, the packaging is so cute!

    Metallic Paws

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you do check it out! I think you'll enjoy their mascaras :)

      Delete