12.29.2009

Review: Stila Smudge Pot in 'Little Black Dress'

Yes, I just love my gel eyeliners and once again I am doing a review on another one. This time it's on Stila's infamous Smudge Pots. I will, however, be reviewing a limited edition color from the Barbe ♥ Stila collection that came out a few months ago. I know, this has been out for awhile and you can't even get it at most Sephoras or the Stila website anymore, but you can surely still find this on eBay. That is where I got mine and it was a couple bucks cheaper than the retail price so why not?

Stila Smudge Pot 'Little Black Dress'

Retail Price
: $20.00 USD
Availability: Sephora, eBay
Shade: Little Black Dress

Pros
  • Good pigmentation
  • Very wearable even though there's glitter.
  • Glitter shows up on the eyes.
  • Good lasting power
Cons
  • Quite thick and not as creamy as I would like. I need to dip my brush more often into the pot because the color doesn't pick up on the brush as easily.
  • Glitter might travel if you have a crease that will rub against the eyeliner
  • Smudged a bit on my eyes if I am not wearing eyeshadow.
On the website, the color is described as a black with pink glitter. At first glance it looked more like a purple glitter but it's really actually pink, and you can especially tell when you are removing it.

It was really hard to capture how pretty this shade actually was but as you can see the glitter is more prominent once it's actually applied.

And on the eye, I think it looks gorgeous. I did a look with it yesterday (I know, I know. It's so rare I put pictures of eyeshadow looks I do. I just don't wear eyeshadow on a regular basis because I am too lazy! Still trying to find the best way to put on e/s for my eye shape)

On my stubborn eyes, this smudged a bit to my lower lash line when I wasn't wearing any eyeshadow with it (darn my oily lids), but it wasn't too bad to the point where you look like you got beat in the eye. There's rarely an eyeliner that doesn't smudge on me at all because my crease folds over my eyelid so there's a lot of friction going on constantly.I still give it props for the lasting power. The color looked exactly the same 8 hours after I applied it.

Personally, I still prefer my HG Bobbi Brown gel liner over this, but this shade was just too gorgeous to pass up. If Stila Smudge Pots are your HG eyeliner then you should definitely look into this shade as I haven't come across an eyeliner that sparkles like this one before. Most eyeliners have very fine glitter and other people can't really tell when they look at your eyes, but this one will surely attract some attention.

Last but not least, the packaging for this particular LE shade is different from your normal smudge pots. There's a holographic Barbie eye on the lid that blinks open and close when you move it. I think it's kind of freaky sometimes, but I can get pass that as long as the product is good :) I just wanted to share that.

Rating: (3.5/5)

6 comments:

  1. I love Little Black Dress! It looks like a beautiful shimmery deep purple on your lids =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a gorgeous, gorgeous color on you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thats REALLY pretty i might check that out sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful color combo! that sparkly purple liner looks fabulous on you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. AWWWWWWWWW......
    NOOOOOOO.........
    I checked out Sephora online and they didn't have this shade. Im so sad!!!!!! :(
    But it looks sooo prutty in your EOTD...waaaaaaaaa ;(
    But THANKs for the review!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is very pretty! you did a great job :) xx

    ReplyDelete