12.31.2009

Bought and Loved Products of 2009

2009 is coming to a quick end (or already has ended for most of you) and I have definitely expanded my collection of makeup and skincare items in the past year. I have found some pretty great products that I think I will continue to use for years and some not so great items. However, it's the New Year so let's just focus on the good and not the bad.


  1. Laneige Multi Cleanser - A product that I have switched to using after I finished up my Pore Trouble Cleanser. It's a double duty product that makes your face squeaky clean and removes all the makeup on your face as it's also a makeup remover. I love the smell of this product and after washing my face with this daily, I can go to bed with confidence that my face is free of any dirt and residue.
  2. Laneige Strawberry Yogurt Peel - Oh the smell of the product is just delicious but sadly it's not edible! However, it is a nice gentle exfoliator for your face. Instead of using harsh beads to scrub off the dead skin, using this will provide a light exfoliating experience. Because it is so gentle, I can use this more than once a week without fear of over-exfoliating.
  3. Kevin Beautymaker Aquamarine Eye Serum - I am currently on my second bottle of this product and I love it! It depuffs my eyes instantly (especially on mornings where I wake up with puffy eyes because I cried my eyes out the night before while watching a korean drama XD) and it's light layer of moisture for my eye area.
  4. Egyptian Magic Cream - This stuff does wonders for my acne scars or any scars for that matter and makes my face really smooth in the morning when I wake up. I only use it during the night because it's a bit too oily for me during the day, but I don't know what I will do without this.
  5. My Beauty Diary Sheet Masks - Known for being cheap and effective, there's a mask for everything. I haven't tried them all yet, but hopefully I will. They fit my face really nicely and it's just a great buy overall.
  6. The Face Shop Aloe Vera Mask - I love the Face Shop masks just as much as I love my Beauty Diary masks. Some flavors I like even more. This is my go to mask when my skin is acting up and needs quick soothing. I slap this on before I go to bed and the next morning my skin feels nice and happy :)
  7. NARIS UP Eggshell & Charcoal Mask - I use this for my nose area to get rid of blackheads. I use to use pore strips but they just weren't doing the job as well as I liked, especially in the corners of my nose where it really mattered. This stuff gets into all the crevices and leaves your pores feeling clean.

  1. L'egere White Multi BB Cream - This is my absolutely favorite foundation. It doesn't break me out and the coverage is amazing for what it is. Sometimes I feel that my skin looks even better on days that I wear it. I've tried using traditional foundation but nothing performs as good as this.
  2. MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural - I use this in conjunction with my L'egere BB Cream because it helps set it. Sometimes I even use this alone when my skin doesn't need much coverage. It's fast and quick and also does not break me out.
  3. Kevin Beautymaker Aqua Eye Concealer - I've tried many many concealers for my under eyes in liquid and cream form, but nothing has covered as well as this. It's super creamy and blends like a dream.
  4. Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick - Can't believe I waited so long to get this. I love using this to highlight my face. I usually lightly sweep this over the highest part of my cheek bones and it just gives my face such a beautiful glow.

  1. Bobbi Brown Gel Eyeliner in 'Chocolate Shimmer Ink' - This is my HG eyeliner and it's the perfect shade for my eyes. I love that it has subtle shimmer because I'm a girl that loves sparkle. It's the creamiest eyeliner I have ever tried and it stays all day long.
  2. Makeup Forever Aqua Eyes Eyeliner - These pencil liners are creamy and stays very well on my eyes. I love using the Black and Champagne color, and I use it daily. I use the black on my waterline and to tight line. It smudges little to none and it never irritates me eyes.
  3. MAC Eyeshadow in 'Shroom' - My favorite highlighter to use on my brow bone. The only MAC eyeshadow that I have made a dent in!
  4. KATE Diamond Cut Eyeshadow Palette - These are amazing eyeshadow palettes and the pigmentation is great. There are various colors to choose from, and they each come with glitter that you can dab on to your eyeshadow for that extra sparkle. When I want to feel extra glamorous I whip one of these out.
  5. DiorShow Iconic - I usually do not like forking over more than $10 for a mascara, but I got this on sale and I am so glad I did. The brush is not super huge which is great when I want to get the corners of my eyes. I get no clumps from this and it really makes me lashes super long.
  6. Stila Smudge Pot in 'Little Black Dress' - This is such a gorgeous black/deep purple eyeliner that has a lot of pink sparkle packed into it. I always choose to wear this when I'm going for that really sparkly eye.
  7. NYX Jumbo Pencil in 'Cottage Cheese' - While I dislike using this as an eyeshadow base because it creases on my eyes like crazy, I love using this on my tear duct as a highlighter. Glides on effortlessly.
  1. Maybelline Color Sensational Lipstick in 'Pink Please' - This is probably my most favorite lipstick at the moment in my whole entire collection. It is my go to lipstick that I can just throw on and I know it will look good. It's a true baby pink color, and ever since I bought it I've neglected much of my other lipsticks because it's just so gorgeous.
  2. MAC Lipstick in 'Cute-ster' - This color is a pinky beige that is pretty sheer. It's one of those lipsticks I like to throw on when I want to wear something, but I don't want to look like I did.
  3. MAC Dazzleglass - Since I'm a glitter and sparkle loving girl, of course I have to love the dazzleglasses. I love to wear these for special events because when the light hits it, my lips just look SO good! I definitely want to get more of these.
  4. Dior Ultra Gloss Reflect in 'Clutch Pink' - The perfect baby pink gloss. Something about it just makes me love it. It's smooth and non-sticky.
  5. Dior Addict High Shine Lipstick in 'Couture Pink' - I like pairing this with my Clutch Pink lipgloss because it gives me that baby pink glassy looking lips that I love. It was the also the same pairing used on one of the actresses in Boys Over Flowers and it indeed will make your lips so pretty.
Some of the products that I have mentioned have not been talked about on my blog before, but perhaps I will in the future. Leave me a comment if you would sincerely like to know more about it. I'd love to go more in-depth for my readers because I love you all!

Once again, have a great New Years and thank you for all the support. Hopefully, 2010 will be a good and joyous year for all.

9 comments:

  1. I love reading these kind of posts. I think I'm going to have to bite the bullet and get myself the legere and kevin concealer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! You're like THE PRO BEAUTY BLOGGER ^_~

    Love to see more of your face in 2010! ;)

    Happy New Year!

    Love,

    Steph

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now I want to try so many new things ^__^ Could you review some of them? If it isn't too much trouble...:P

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was totally thinking of doing a post like this, but I got too lazy haha!!

    I've been looking EVERYWHERE for the Laneige Strawberry Yogurt Peel! Where did you find yours?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New Year Lisa!

    And man. I love the lists and the product photos. They are just so pretty to look at and read.

    I should do something like this but man... I accumulated almost all my beauty items in 2009 and I don't think I can even choose as few as you did! LOL....

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Laneige! I recieved a sample of the multi cleanser and wow, it really does make your face sqeaky clean! And it is also very nice and foamy. I haven't tried the strawberry peeling gel yet but after all the rave I heard about it, I just had to haha. I bought a bottle yesterday and can't wait to try it!

    Marie, you can buy laneige products online here:

    http://www.sasa.com/SasaWeb/eng/product/searchProduct.jspa?brandId=601

    Or amazon.com and many other websites. The Laneige company website only has information on the products. I actually got mine from a beauty supplies store in a Korean mart near my house, are there any korean stores near you?

    ReplyDelete
  7. you posted a lot of great products some which im still lemming to try, but this seems like a very professional post to push me to get them hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  8. DSK Steph: haha nah I wish I was Pro. I am way too lazy to be pro.

    Mandy: I will definitely review some soon.

    Marie.: I got them at a store called Amore near my house. They usually have one in Korean supermarkets or something. But if you have trouble I can definitely help you get it :)

    Catherine: I realized I missed some after I finished posting this! lol. It's so hard to keep track.

    drocks: I'm not sure if you meant that in a good or bad way when you said "professional post" but I bought everything I listed and I have used them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just bought the L'egere White Multi BB Cream. Can't wait to try it out! These products all sound fabulous. Thanks for sharing!

    Glad I found your site, you have a cute blog <3 I'm a new subscriber :0 xx

    ReplyDelete