1.22.2010

The raindrops keep falling!

I hope you are all doing well, especially for those of you in Southern California. It's been raining cats and dogs all week non-stop, and I can't even say how many times I got soaked this week while going to class. Giant trees have been falling over on my college campus, and a lot of downhill places got flooded when the rain poured. I'm so glad to be done with classes this week. But anyways, I've been a busy bee lately with school, and my stress levels have been off the charts, but this weekend I finally get a little break. That means it's also time to catch up on all my non-academic related business!

It was my 20th birthday yesterday, but I spent my whole day in class, finishing up an essay that was due, and running around in the rain. Not much of a special birthday, but school really doesn't permit me to make it much of a big deal anymore like I did in high school. I went home last weekend to celebrate it early with my parents, and they got me a pretty cake since it's tradition even if all of us are too busy to do anything else.

Isn't it pretty!? It was coffee flavored with my favorite fruit, strawberries, in the middle! I brought a few slices back with me to school. I ate some on my actual birthday so that still makes me a happy camper even though I didn't really get to celebrate it. My parents also got me a HD camcorder so perhaps that will motivate me to make some videos for you all.

Got it in a snazzy red! I like my electronics to have some color besides the boring old black or silver, unless it's like something classic that has to be in a basic color. Anyways, so far I've only used this for my art class, and the video and sound quality is pretty good.

My suitemates were also very lovely and surprised me with a cake. I thought that was very thoughtful of them. Sadly I don't have pictures of that since the cake got devoured pretty quickly and I wasn't prepared for that little event. I certainly had plenty of cake this week! :p

Besides that, since my birthday has passed, that also means that my first blog giveaway has ended. Thank you to everyone who has participated and followed my blog. It was quite a success, and I've hit 250+ followers because of it. I haven't picked a winner yet because I haven't written all the names down, but hopefully, I can get that done as soon as possible. Please bare with me! I'm truly grateful!

And finally, I shall leave you all with a shopping deal, because we all love deals right?

Benefit on Amazon is having a sale on select items with certain lipstick shades at $9 and various other items. The best value I think is the Girls' Night In!!! set which is now selling at $33.60 (retail $48). It comes in a pouch with 2 creaseless cream shadows in Birthday Suit and Skinny Jeans, Full-finish lipstick in Lady's Choice, a brush, and cute magnets. I love all the shades for this set so I thought it was a really great deal since I've been wanting to buy all of those items individually for awhile. The set itself also ships free so even better!

10 comments:

  1. That cake looks super good! And awesome camcorder! Happy belated birthday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy belated birthday! I hope you'll have a lovely weekend to make up for being stuck in class on your birthday~

    ♥ Milk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy belated birthday!! Mmm that cake looks yummy, I love strawberries too!! Hope you have a wonderful weekend. ^^

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seriously, nonstop rain! my boyfriend and I made some videos of driving around in his flooded streets haha.

    I love the cake, happy birthday, girly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy belated birthday!! How sweet of your roommates. :D

    Looking forward to lots of videos from you & congratulations on the domain name! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy belated birthday sweetie!

    Girls' Night In is going for such a good deal on Amazon! Go get it girly! =D

    ReplyDelete
  7. happy belated birthday! that cake looks delicious. you're going to have lots of fun with your new camcorder. looking forward to your videos and posts with it :D xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy belated birthday +^~^! The cake reminds me of Chinese bakery stores in L.A. :) I do miss the food. My brother also mentioned it rained a whole lot; I think we need it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy late birthday, Lisa! This is Cara from ToFebruary and I just wanted to say... I love your blog! :) That's an awesome cake and one nice camera! ^^ And I totally know what you mean by the SoCal rain... so weird!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks everyone for the birthday wishes!

    Robolegojupiter: I did get it at a chinese bakery haha. I live in LA county so there's a lot of those around here.

    Cara: Aw thanks for following my blog. I love your website. I ordered some jewelry too last week. I think I'll be doing a post on you guys after I get my sweater :)

    ReplyDelete