8.30.2011

Food for the Skin

I haven't bought skincare or cosmetics much in awhile. I've been more on a clothing and shoes kick hence the lack of funds to splurge on other things. However, I finally bought some new beauty items that I am pretty excited to try! Recently, I found out that SkinFood just opened up a new store in the West Covina Westfield on August 15, which is actually not too far from where I live. It is much closer to me than the one in Irvine. Therefore, I decided to stop by on Sunday because my mom wanted me to take her to go shopping.

Now upon walking into the store and looking at the prices, I would have to say they are still marked up quite a bit compared to their prices in Korea. I would probably only justify purchasing in store once in awhile because I could get most of the items cheaper on eBay. However, it was nice to see some of the items (especially the cosmetics) in person. Regardless of the prices, I found the store to be great. The SAs were all very friendly, and one of them followed me around the store recommending me different products after I told him what kind of skin issues I wanted to address. They don't carry all of their products as of now, but they are slowly adding more items. One of the signs said that they would be carrying their BB creams soon.

I didn't leave empty handed, and even though I paid a little more than I needed to, I am still a very happy camper.


I purchased the Peach Sake Toner, Rice Mask Wash Off, Fresh Fruit Lip & Cheek in 'Apricot', Nail Vita Base Coat, Nail Vita Polish in #BL509, and Pedicure Sparkle Polish in #1.

I've been meaning to add a toner back into my skincare routine, and I decided to try the Peach Sake Toner out because it supposedly helps reduce the appearance of pores.

As for the Rice Mask Wash Off, this is supposedly their #1 selling skin care item and the SA told me this was a must try. He even gave me many packets of samples of it.

The rest of the items I decided to buy on a whim, but I'm pretty happy with them also.


There were a lot of pretty nail polishes, and I wanted to buy more but I had to refrain myself because I have way too much nail polish to begin with. As a result, I only picked up two.

 

Pedicure Sparkle #1 is a gorgeous Rose Gold color with lots of silver shimmers! If you guys have seen Orly's Rage polish, this is a more shinier and glittery version of it. The Nail Vita #BL509 is your typical mint green but it has shimmers in it. I have 3 other mint green polishes but they are all creme finishes so I thought it would be nice to add one that has some shimmer to my collection.

 

At the store, I couldn't stop staring at Lip and Cheek tins, because I have read somewhere before that they are similar to the Bobbi Brown Pot Rouges. There are I think 5-6 colors in total, and I picked this coral color they had because I love my corals! 


When I swatch it on my hand and put it on my lips, it somehow turns a lot more pink than orange. I am not sure why. I haven't tried it as a blush yet. I wish it was more on the orange side, but I still find the color quite nice. The pigmentation of it is a little bit on the sheer side if used as a lip color, but the coverage is buildable. I assume it would work out better if used on the cheeks. I plan to do a more in-depth review on it later on after I've tested it out a couple more times.

Along with all of this, my SA gave me a handful of samples that will take me awhile to get through, but I love my samples. I plan to put some aside for a future giveaway that I am slowly planning.

 

If you guys live in the area and want to check the SkinFood store out, here is the address: 

112 Plaza Drive Suite 252 
West Covina CA 91790 

The store is located inside the Westfield Mall on the 1st floor.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

And to finish off, I also picked up two items from a local Asian beauty store yesterday.


The Kiss Me Mascara was on sale, and seeing that so many of my blogger friends love this mascara I decided to give it a try. I was also looking for a new cleanser with beads in it because I ran out of my Laneige Pore Cleanser.

No comments:

Post a Comment