10.21.2011

Vanity Box Haul feat. Ameli Eyeshadows

A few weeks ago I made a purchase on Vanity Box, which is an australian based online store that sells clothes, makeup, and accessories from Korea. I first heard about them from a post Chaigyaru did a long time ago reviewing them. You can check out that post here. In her review, she showed these eyeshadows from a Korean brand called Ameli. A little back story now...

I actually follow a few Korean beauty bloggers in Korea and one of my favorites always used Ameli eyeshadows. They looked so gorgeous; however, back when I first saw her use them, I searched around and there wasn't any way to get them in the states at all. I was pretty bummed about that, but I was still always on the look out.

So after seeing them on Vanity Box, I was so tempted to place an order. I didn't at first though, and I forgot the reason why, but a long time past before I came across them again. I eventually forgot about it until I recently saw their site in another youtube video. This time around I did not hesitate to place an order.

I got three Ameli eyeshadows, and two 92.5% silver necklaces from them. I was originally going to only get the eyeshadows, but I saw that they actually have really pretty jewelry. Some of them I immediately fell in love with! Shipping took a little less than 2 weeks. When it arrived, it was very nicely packaged and they even gave me two Chupa Chupa lollipops as a treat! Yum :)

To start off, these were the two necklaces that I got. Both are sterling silver, and I have to say I absolutely adore them. I've been wearing them non-stop since I got them. I have been really into petite looking jewelry because I think it just exudes this sort of elegance and sophistication when worn. My favorite of the two is definitely the Love You necklace. It also comes in silver and I am very tempted to get the silver one too. Definitely give their jewelry section a look because they have the cutest and most elegant jewelry!

For the 3 Ameli eyeshadows that I got, 2 are from the Sparkle Spot line and 1 is from the Sweet Diamond line. Vanity Box also carries eyeshadows from their Step Basic line that I believe are matte eyeshadows; however, I didn't get any from that line because I love my sparkle more.

From left to right: #502 Platinum (Sparkle Spot), #501 Champagne (Sparkle Spot), #125 Luxury Brown (Sweet Diamond). Sparkle Spot e/s are $19.50 AUD and Sweet Diamond e/s are $15.60 AUD.

Aren't they just gorgeous in the pan?! I love them. I do have swatches of them but I am planning to put those up when I do a review post on the Ameli eyeshadows themselves so look out for that.

I just love staring at them because the texture looks so intriguing from some reason.

Overall, purchasing from Vanity Box was a very pleasant experience, and I didn't experience any trouble at all. Everything was beautifully packaged with lots of bubble wrap. International shipping is a flat-rate $9 which I think is pretty reasonable. I am definitely going to be repurchasing from them, and I hope they carry more Ameli eyeshadows in the future. And for those who are wondering, I did purchase everything myself :)


1 comment: